What You Need
150g Plain Gluten Free Flour
75g Grated Parmesan Cheese
60g Cheddar Cheese
1/4tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Sprig Rosemary Chopped
125g Cold Butter Cubed
1Tbsp Cold Water
1. Put flour, grated cheese, cayenne pepper, rosemary and salt into a food processor. Blitz
2. Add butter and water. Blitz until a dough is formed
3. Sprinkle flour onto a surface and knead the dough into two rolls. They should look like thick sausages
4. Wrap the rolls in cling film and place in the freezer for 30 minutes
5. Preheat the oven to 190c
6. Remove the cling film for the dough and slice into 1cm circles
7. Line a baking tray with nonstick greaseproof paper and add the biscuits
8. Cook for 10-12 minutes
We were lucky enough to come across this dish during the Christmas period, and haven’t looked back.
It is easy to forget how good savoury biscuits can be. The rosemary and cheese work together perfectly to create an intense flavour.
This recipe is a great base to be able to incorporate your favourite flavours, some examples:
- Peanut Butter
- Cumin Seeds
These work perfectly alone or with a dip.