What You Need
2 Large Romaine Lettuce
1 Tin Coconut Milk
250g Red Split Lentils
1 Smoked Paprika and Sundried Tomato Knorr stock pot
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp deggi mirch chilli powder/hot chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
1 tsp Black mustard seeds
For the Sides:
4tbsp Greek Yoghurt
100g Goats Cheese
For the tomatoes:
100g Cherry Tomatoes
1tsp Cumin seeds
Salt and Pepper
1. Add some oil to a non-stick pan and add the black mustard and fenugreek seeds. Heat for a minute on a low to medium heat and then add the ginger, chilli powder, garam masala and cook for a further minute
2. Once the spices are aromatic, add the lentils and mix with the spices until they are coated, heat for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and the stock pot (do not add water to the stockpot)
3. Gradually add water whilst cooking, making sure the mixture never becomes dry, and continue to stir until the lentils become soft. This should take around 35-40mins
5. Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes into quarters, add salt and pepper, coriander and the cumin seeds. Put in a small serving bowl
6. Chop the goats cheese into cubes and put into a small serving bowl
7. Cook the pancetta in a frying pan. Once cooked, drain the oil and pat the with kitchen towel to get rid of any excess oil. Put the pancetta in a small serving bowl.
8. Put the yoghurt in a small serving bowl
9. Slice off the bottom of the lettuce, so you are left with various sized lettuce cups. Wash and dry and place in a bowl.
10. Once the lentils are cooked serve everything up on the table.
11. Build a wrap and enjoy!
Our fajita inspired DIY wrap, with multiple elements to create your personalised wrap. Bringing a spicy red lentil dahl to a new level.
Lentils can be amazing when served right, we find they can be heavy when accompanied with carbs. This dish is filling, healthy and won’t leave you feeling stuffed.
This dish can easily be made vegan or vegetarian by missing out the yoghurt and pancetta .