What You Need
150g Digestive Biscuits (Gluten Free)
1 Large Pack of Mini Eggs
900g Full-Fat Cream Cheese
200g Caster Sugar
200ml Sour Cream
3 tbsp Plain Flour (Gluten Free)
4 Eggs (one egg
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grease and line the base of a 23cm cake tin
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz until you have fine crumbs
- Melt the butter and add the biscuit crumbs, mix until they are all covered
- Add the crumbs to the cake tin and spread into an even layer
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes until golden. Remove and leave to cool
- Reduce the oven to 160C
- Add the mini eggs to the food processor, and blitz on a low setting for a short time, to have a mix of different sized pieces
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth then add the sour cream and flour and mix again. Gradually add in three eggs and the yolk of one. Add in the vanilla extract and mini eggs (leaving a handful for decoration)
- Pour the mix on to the biscuit base then cook in the oven for 45 minutes. The cheesecake should have a slight wobble
- Once the cheesecake is cooked, leave to cool for 40 minutes, to ensure it sets
- Sprinkle the remaining mini eggs on top
It is easter so it is mini egg season. This dish is perfect for entertaining or eating alone!
The crunchiness of the mini eggs work perfectly with the creamy filling, an all round crowd pleaser.
Happy Easter and Enjoy!